Whatever you end up doing on your own, listen to how you feel and go with doing something that lights you up from the inside out!
- Start your own vegetable patch in your garden. Or plant them in larger planter boxes if you don’t have the space.
- Bake something that you have never made before. I love flipping through old recipe books, searching for delicious treats.
- Spend a day at a museum or art gallery.
- Meditate – sit, be still and devote time to listening to your breath.
- Review and update your core desired feelings. I use Danielle Laporte’s The Desire Map (affiliate link) because it absolutely works miracles in my life!
- Have dinner on a your own in a nice restaurant – take time to really enjoy the food.
- Read your favourite chapters from the books you love.
- Go to a farmer’s market, basket in hand and stock up on fresh, seasonal, organic produce.
- Go for a walk – in nature, outdoors and enjoy breathing the fresh air.
- Make some popcorn, add your own toppings (be creative!) and have a movie marathon.
- Listen to an album from start to finish without doing anything else. Or find a playlist that resonates with what you are feeling on 8 Tracks.
- Go out for a long Sunday brunch.
- See a film at the cinema on your own – you won’t have to share your popcorn.
- Do a grocery shop at your favourite organic grocers and splurge on something you don’t have very often. My local organic grocer also offers personalised tea blending. I just tell them what I kind of tea I want and they create a herbal blend from various organic herbs.
- Start a herb garden that will sit on your windowsill. This is perfect for small apartments. Also, most herbs are quite hardy and will last throughout the year.
- Create a mixed tape or playlists for all your different moods and occasions. I have ones for running, yoga, studying and working.
- Take your bike for a leisurely ride and go your favourite cafe.
- Rearrange your wardrobe and discover old clothes again.
- Clean and organise things around your home. Try using Marie Kondo’s KonMari method for decluttering in order to spark joy!
- Visit the florist and pick out a bunch of flowers for your bedside table. Use your good vase!
- Create a calming space in your home for working on your hobbies or projects.
- Create a beautiful meditation or spiritual corner – make a little altar for your crystals, meditation bowl and candles.
- Take all your old clothes, books and furniture and donate these things to charity. Make room for the new by clearing out the old.
- Paint, draw, sketch, write – let your emotions and intuition guide you to with this one.
- Make a terrarium from a selection of succulents and moss.
- Go somewhere in the city that you have never been before.
- Go to a gig, enjoy the music and dance like crazy.
- Read up on your horoscope or consult your tarot cards, angel cards!
- Send a handwritten letter to a friend, lover or family member.
- Create a Pinterest board to help visualise and bring your next adventure to life.
- Make an Acai bowl, topped with fruit, yoghurt, super foods and granola.
- Light a candle, take a relaxing bath – try adding some essential oils and herbs like sage, camomile or peppermint!
- Journal. Write up a list of things you would love to do, declare your dreams and intentions or simply empty out all your thoughts into your notebook.
- Do a face mask. Make one from the ingredients in your kitchen! Combine 1 tablespoon of honey, a banana and a few drops of lemon, mix it up and apply to your face.
- Roll out your mat and do yoga to rejuvenate, energise and relax. If you need a guided yoga practice that you can find online, I highly recommend Adriene With Yoga (Youtube channel) – she has amazing practices that I actually love!
- Think of 50 questions that you want the answers and consult Wikipedia.
- Do a juice cleanse for the day. Read more about my juice cleanse here.
- Rearrange things in your room using Feng Shui to bring more light, flow and harmonious energy to your space.
- Give an old chest of drawers some fresh paint or replace the door knobs in your house with vintage ones.
- Give yourself a mini retreat weekend – eat healthy food, go for a massage, spoil yourself and really relax!
- Sleep, doze or power nap as much as you need to. Read more about sleeping in my post How to Hibernate.
- Sip a cup of tea and look out the window.
- Go to the park, pack some homemade sandwiches, bring a picnic blanket and a good book.
- Catch up on all your favourite blog posts.
- Travel. I love travelling on my own because it really pushes me to live outside my comfort zone, to trust my intuition and to learn more about myself.
- Give yourself a manicure – try a different styles like Leopard prints, marbling effects, dots etc.
- Wake up early to see the sunrise. Or make time at dusk to catch the sunset.
- Go for a jog or walk by the beach. Breathe in the salty sea breeze and watch the waves lick the shore.
- Study. I love studying in my spare time. Sign up for online courses on any topic you have an interest to learn more about.
- Take a photo to depict each hour in your day.
- Make a gratitude list. I just add to this list overtime and whenever I feel unhappy, I read through it. It instantly cheers me up and puts things into perspective.
You can try find out more about
50 THINGS TO DO BY YOURSELF