Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Slow Cooker Black Bean SoupThis slow cooker black bean soup is a delicious and easy dinner that will earn it’s place into your regular dinner rotation. Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 10 hours Total Time 10 hours 20 minutes Servings 8 servings Calories 231 kcal
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained (14.5 ounce)
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper deseeded and diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 pound dry black beans rinsed
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce I used Texas Pete
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 leaves bay
- 6.5 cups vegetable stock I used 6.5 cups water + 2 Tablespoons Better Than Bullion vegetable base. Omnivores: feel free to substitute chicken stock.
- Optional toppings suggestions: lime juice cilantro, green onions, diced avocado, tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream – the possibilities are endless!
- Place all ingredients (except for optional toppings) in the slow cooker, and cook on low for 10 hours.
- One hour prior to serving: remove the bay leaves, and use a potato masher to go in and mash a few of the beans to thicken the texture.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers, and keep for up to a week.
You can try find out more about
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup – delicious and easy weeknight dinner.