The clients sought a family retreat hidden in the forested hills of Northern California, where an extended community of family, friends and colleagues could gather. We wondered, What if the forest itself was the house?
Rather than a singular building, the house comprises a cluster of tent cabins—three sleeping quarters and a living-dining commons—rising into the forest canopy on stilts and linked by wood paths and gathering places. Extending our investigation into liminal structures, we aimed to foster playfulness and conviviality braced by affinity with family and friends.
The tented roofs and walls allow a connection with the natural setting—its sounds and changing seasons—while large clear and mirrored-bronze glass windows frame views of the landscape and neighboring “rooms.” Wood-framed walls and floors lend warmth and support the comforts of modern living, deep within the forest.
Here, the forest and house are one with indoor and outdoor rooms suspended between the treetops and canopy floor.
In a radically conceptual family retreat in Northern California, the architect Douglas Burnham has made temporary buildings dramatically consequential. Here, the living room pod with an Oval chair by Garza Marfa.
Shelves with simple white dishes and bits of art in the kitchen-and-dining cottage.
An Agnes chandelier by Lindsey Adelman hangs above a trestle dining table designed by Burnham’s firm, Envelope A+D.
Burnham used iron shavings to blacken an outdoor version of the dining room trestle table for the deck.
An open-air shower with copper fittings, deep in the woods.
A grid of cannisters lends privacy to the “outhouse,” a stand-alone bathroom.
- Floors available! Build your multi-story house now!
- Mezzanine creation tool
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Drag and drop any object or piece of furniture where you want (windows, doors, tables, desks, carpeting, etc…. This applies to textures too.
- An enormous variety of features (magnetism, single walls, wall height adjustment,…)
- More than 800 different objects and joignery available for the house and the garden
- Select the dimensions of every element of the house (walls, objects, furniture, ...)
- Multi-platform application.
- Projects can have multiple floors with rooms of any shape (straight walls only).
- Automatic calculation of room, walls and level area; perimeter; counts of symbols.
- 3D tour mode.
- Symbol library: doors, windows, furniture, electrical, fire survey.
- User defined dimension lines to show and modify distances and sizes.
- Cloud synchronization to automatically backup and share plans between devices (purchased, 3 days free trial).
- Export as image, PDF with print to scale, DXF, SVG (purchased).
- 500+ 3d designs and layouts
- View all plans as gallery view.
- Offline download.
- Designs under multiple category with classification like 2 bedrooms, 3 bedrooms, 2 story etc.
- More efficient usage of internet. [ Each plans will downloaded only once it lifetime]
- Zoomin/Zoomout the plan.
- High definition plans.
- Mark Favorite plans and view it offline.
- home design
- In this App you can see this topic.
- 1. How to Design Your Own House Plans
- 2. How to Design a House Extension
- 3. How to Design a House Online
- 4. How to Design an Underground House
- 5. How to Learn Floral Design at Home
- 6. How to Sell Home Designs
- 7. How to Use Punch Home Design
- And you can see the Video and Game
- keyword : home design