Do It Yourself Pallet Wood Sign (or any piece of wood :))
List of Necessary Supplies:
1. deconstructed pallet
2. sand paper
3. carbon paper
4. acrylic paint
5. paint brush
6. ball point pen
1. Once pallet is cleaned and sanded, paint or “wash” (mix paint and water equal parts) your sign in color of your choice.
2. While drying, go to computer and type out the word or quote that you desire to put on the wood
and then print it in the font of choice (*see note below.)
3. For lighter colored boards, take that printed sheet and put carbon paper between it and the
board. Use a ball point pen to trace around the outside of the letters on the printed paper and this transfers a perfect “stencil” for painting. On very dark paints, the carbon won’t show. In those times, I don’t use carbon paper, but I will color with white chalk on the back of my computer paper print out (color the inverted letters), and then place that down on my board and lightly trace over. It will copy/transfer a white chalk line on your board. Works perfect for the dark colors.
4. Paint the outlined letters on the board.
5. Put hanger of your choice on the board and Enjoy!!