You Will Need:*May contain affiliate links. Shop from your sofa and help support The Gathered Home – win-win!
- Wooden plaques – various sizes/shapes, totally up to you!
- I used: a 10″x7″ oval, a 7″x5″ oval, and a 7″ diameter round plaque.
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Large plastic insects – these are the exact ones I used
- Paint color of your choice – I used some leftover paint I had, Clark+Kensington “Black Chiffon”
- Liquid gold leaf – Heads up, you will need mineral spirits to clean your brush afterwards
- Spray Sealer – I used Rustoleum clear lacquer spray
- Hot glue gun
- Command hanging strips
You can try find out more about
DIY Gilded Insect Faux Taxidermy.