The true flavor of a brownie cookie together with the softest chocolate chip cookie, makes the BEST Brookies EVER
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (5 1/2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed LIGHT brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicon baking liner; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave on HIGH setting for 30 seconds, stir. Reheat for an additional 15-30 seconds until fully melted, stir again.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir until batter is completely blended. NOTE: batter may appear thin and tacky. Set bowl aside to thicken while preparing soft chocolate chip cookies.
- In large bowl, cream granulated sugar, light brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs until blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Add chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop rounds of chocolate chip cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Wipe ice cream scooper clean or use a second tablespoon to scoop rounds of brownie cookie dough next to each round of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Join the two cookie doughs together by a small pinch to adhere any gaps.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Leave cookies to cool in pan for 1 minute then transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Serve immediately or save for later in an air tight container for one week. ENJOY!
Brownie cookie recipe can be doubled to make enough to use the remaining chocolate chip cookie dough.
If either cookie doughs appear too thin to scoop and mound, cover and refrigerate dough(s) for 20-30 minutes. Remove and shape accordingly. Refrigerating will help stiffen the dough therefore, it should not fall flat upon baking.
You can try find out more about
THE Best Brookie Cookies