There are certain hair oils for hair loss that have excellent nourishing properties. Although growing back lost hair is a tall order, the judicious use of these hair oils can help you stem further hair loss and give your hair that volume and a healthy sheen.
Probably one of the best oils for hair loss, coconut oil penetrates well within the hair shaft and prevents hair from losing moisture by acting as a sealant. As a result, hair is less likely to suffer damage and stays dense as well as strong. It also protects your hair from other infections of the scalp as the lauric acid in this oil has a significant action against viruses, bacteria and fungi. Know other beauty benefits of coconut oil.
- Massage some warm coconut oil on your scalp every day.
- Once a week, massage more quantity of warm coconut oil on the scalp and hair strands.
- Leave it on for about an hour or two and then wash with a mild shampoo, careful to not wash out all the oil.
- This allows a little oil to be retained which acts as a wonderful moisturiser for hair.
Sweet almond oil is highly effective because of its emollient or softening action. Rich in vitamins D and E and minerals such as calcium and magnesium, almond oil acts as a natural moisturiser for your hair, preventing it from turning dry and brittle. As a result, there is lesser hair loss. And the nutrition your hair receives ensures it stays healthy, thick and strong, and also grows faster. However, if you have an allergy to nuts, it is best to avoid almond oil.
- Warm a little almond oil for a few minutes.
- Gently rub it over your scalp, allowing the oil to penetrate.
- Leave it on for a few hours, preferably overnight and then wash with a mild shampoo.
It may be expensive but olive oil certainly nourishes the hair as it can penetrate the hair shaft more effectively than other oils and also has moisturising properties. If you use the extra virgin variety, your hair also receives vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids that play an important role in promoting hair growth.
- Take warm olive oil according to the length of your hair.
- Slowly massage it into your scalp and onto the strands of hair.
- Leave the oil on for 30 to 45 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
This oil has excellent hair growth properties and is considered an effective remedy against hair loss. Most of these benefits are due to the oil’s contents –triglycerides of ricinoleic acid that have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and vitamin E that has antioxidant action.Steps:
- Massage the castor oil onto the scalp and spread it evenly on hair strands.
- Keep it on for at least one or two hours and wash the hair using shikakai (acacia concinna) or reetha (sapindus trifoliatus) powder.
- If you find that castor oil alone is too thick, mix it with a little coconut oil or olive oil to thin it and follow the same procedure.
Lavender oil is highly effective against nits and lice. It increases circulation of blood in the scalp and also provides an anti-bacterial effect that keeps the scalp free from infections, improving the health of your hair. Know why is every body going gaga over argan oil.
- Take a little lavender oil and mix with either coconut or olive oil. Apply daily to your scalp.
- To make your own fresh lavender oil, take some olive oil in a glass bottle, drop in a few lavender sprigs, ensure they are submerged within the oil and keep in a dark place for a month or so.
- Massage a little of this oil daily onto your scalp and leave overnight.
- Wash your hair the next morning using a gentle, herbal shampoo.
Along with the regular use of herbal oils, consume a healthy and balanced diet rich in minerals and vitamins and keep yourself away from stress and you are bound to notice a definite improvement in the quality of your hair.